Summer is almost here, which means it's time to get ready for bushfire season!
The Council is encouraging property owners to prepare for the heat with the following recommendations:
- Grass under 70mm high
- Raking up dry grass, leaves and other debris
- Keeping gutters clear of leaf litter
- Storing flammable liquids and woodpiles away from the house
- Storing LPG cylinders upright with the vent pipe facing away from the house
- Detailing your Bushfire Survival Plan
Acting Mayor Cr Peter Davis stated that "with current conditions having been dry over the winter months, it is critical that the community is prepared for unexpected heat in the lead up to summer. Fire prevention and reducing the risk of bushfire is everyone’s responsibility.”
Let us know how you're preparing for the season!