A storm warning has been issued for Sydney's west, with threatening clouds starting to spread across the sky.
Strong storm front are moving in, with dense clouds over Mount Druitt and Penrith.
Severe thunderstorms and flash flooded are likely to result in heavy rainfall.
The thunderstorms are predicted to move from Badgerys Creek and Camden through to areas northwest of Sydney.
The Bureau of Meteorology advises the following:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
- If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500